Thursday, June 12, 2008

Luke Jackson Striving For Another Chance



Luke Jackson left the Oregon basketball program as an All-American and recent lotto pick as he was heading to Cleveland to play alongside NBA superstar LeBron James and continue his success on the hardwood in the NBA.

A few back injuries and a career where he has played for seven different teams Jackson is just looking for a place to stick.

"I played two straight seasons with my back injury and never was healthy. Its what it is but there isn't much you can do about it," said Jackson.

Its clear his injuries were a factor into how Jackson hasn't been able to stick with an NBA team. He's found some success in Toronto for the Raptors in the spring of 2007 as he signed a long term contract but found himself cut before the season started.

The 2007-08 season was a wild and crazy ride for Jackson as he went from playing in the NBDL to the Miami Heat and back to the NBDL and playing for the Idaho Stampede in the finals.

This off-season Jackson has been very busy getting himself ready for tryouts with other teams.

"I have been training in Eugene, Portland, Las Vegas, and L.A., but mostly in Vegas."

When asked why in Las Vegas Jackson stated it's a place where he can play with pro's to get himself ready for the upcoming season.

"Right now it's hard to say what teams like me enough to sing because free agency doesn't start until July but I have been hearing good things from a few teams around the league," stated Jackson who went on to add, "I had a really good work out down in California with Golden State. They like what I can bring to the table and I like it down there."

Golden State isn't the only team thats go an eye on Jackson as he quickly points out, "I have been hearing from Portland a bit, and I'm in New York (City) right now as I just finished up a work out with them which went really well."

Jackson informed Ducks Attack he has another workout scheduled next week down in Dallas with the Mavericks and is looking forward to that workout as well.

"I'd like to stay on the west coast if I could, but it's all about finding a team that works for me personally and also works for the team and the rest of the roster. Both sides have to match for it to work," Jackson added.

The uncertainty of his pro career, non stop traveling, and the injured past haven't even phased Jackson as he keeps his head up and mind set on his goal to land a spot on an NBA roster.

"My body is healthy and I feel great when it comes to my injuries in the past. I feel the best ever and I know my best years of basketball are still ahead of me," said Jackson.

1 comment:

Eagle said...

That is AWESOME Luke! I'll always be rooting for you. Players with less talent are sticking with teams in this league so I have all the faith in the world you'll end up playing in the NBA for a long time.

Good to hear you are as positive as I remember you as a Duck. Be patient and your time will come. Look at Ime!