Friday, June 13, 2008

New Website and History Lesson

After hours upon hours and being jealous of super cool blogs on wordpress and also wishing and kicking myself for not signing up with wordpress from the get go I have decided to switch sites and now go with wordpress.

You can find our new home at www.DucksAttack.com. But before you visit our new and improved site that AJ and I somewhat worked on go and ahead and read the history of Ducks Attack!


I am sure there are ton's of people out there who don't know the story of how and why this blog was created. So here is a short lesson on the history of Ducks Attack and also a glimpse into the future...

Around early March I(mops) was studying for a mid-term and I needed to get away from the books and get off some energy. So I hit the internet and just was wasting time away when I fell upon a blog that covers college football, Every Day Should Be Saturday, and I thought I could do what they do but just focus on Oregon sports since thats pretty much all I talk about with friends and family. I considered myself pretty in the know about all Oregon athletics.

So I started a blog called Ducks Illustrated and I only told a few people about my blog but as all blogs that become heavily visited word spreads. Someone I told told someone and that someone told someone and that someone told someone and well you get the point.

Well eventually that someone was Jay Jones over at Ducks Sports News and he got in touch with me about promoting my blog. He also brought me on to blog for his site which I have done a few but have become busy with school, work, an internship(which I got because of my visibility thanks to DSN), and this blog. But I plan on stepping my game up more this summer as I have gotten into my groove on how I need to handle my time.

From there word spread about my blog like no other and I truely owe my success to partially what DSN has been able to do for the promotion of my blog. I grew and grew and now I average over 700 hits a day with almost 400 people coming back that same day for more duck news. I kind of consider myself the "underground connection" to Duck news. Nothing official but also something thats one of its kind.

I then linked up with the hottest message board on the net for Duck News at Chat4Quacks and we combined forces although we were pretty much already.

Then just a few days ago I got in touch with some guys Jay over at DSN introduced me to that do podcasts on Duck Sports and we got to know each other and it struck me that we should just combine our forces because we both do the same thing and we both provide different venues of info.

So I brought on AJ and Cameron along with TK over at C4Qs as beat writers and things were all dandy.

Then after hours of talking with AJ on how we can improve Ducks Attack and get the ball rolling even faster we decided to make a financial plunge...a 25 dollar financial plunge...we got some hosting from a provider and have now switched platforms for our blogging. We are now apart of Wordpress and things couldn't be happier.

We have uploaded a podcasting ability to the site as well as links to our message board and DSN and to our own blog within our "blog".

You can now find us at www.ducksattack.com and as you can see theres no more .blogspot or .wordpress! We are now an official website because we own our domain and we control our own site now!

Theres work going on behind the scenes as we are building a newsletter that will be going out to all our readers who wish to sign up and are working on other exciting features as well.

We hope you guys will continue to visit our site and our blogs and help continue this amazing growth of what we like to call, the lil guy in the sports reporting world of Oregon Athletics.

1 comment:

DawgPound said...

Wow!

This poll (ripbcs.com) shows the Ducks tied for #1 in the nation!!!

Go figure.